Sign up as a Freelancer
Please connect your Google account in order to sign up as a Freelancer. Our platform centers around your Google Calendar. If you don't have a Google account you can create one after clicking the button below.
Varascend was designed from the ground up with data security and privacy in mind. We are also completely transparent regarding exactly what access we request from your accounts. In general, you might expect Varascend to require similar access as a personal assistant. We do a lot of the same types of things.
- We Read: Your Calendar Details: we need to confirm your Email Address, so we read your calendar details in order to see what it is.
- We Read: Your List Of Shared Calendars: we give you the ability to filter your availability using all of the calendars in your Google account, including those calendars shared with your account.
- We Read: The Events On Your Google Calendar: We use that information to determine your Availability. Once we determine your Availability we discard the Event Data and save the Availability. None of your sensitive Event Data or any Personal Information from your Event Data is ever stored on our system. Event Data is read over a high security SSL/TLS connection, parsed in memory only, and deleted immediately. No Event Data is ever written to disk.
- We Write: Calendar Events: We create calendar events for pending auctions and new bookings. We don't touch any existing events on your calendar.
- We Write: Gmail Messages: We create Gmail messages and send them from your account. We use this to email you transaction and important account notifications. When we write events to Google Calendar for bookings there will also be automatic notifications that come from your email address that are sent to the client that booked you. In general Varascend does not send transactional email from it's own systems due to the critical nature of the notifications: we don't believe in taking the risk of having our emails blocked. We also believe in enabling the relationship between the freelancer and the client, so when we send transactional notifications, we send them from your Gmail so that your client can respond directly to you, the actual person they've hired. We do not use your Gmail for marketing purposes or other purposes unrelated to your own business. We do not have the ability to read any of your email, only write new messages.